Get your tickets from the Octopus in the corner

This afternoon’s statement from Octopus Investments was very professionally written piece.  It was designed to give investors a sense that the business has taken appropriate steps to secure money spent with Rangers.

For a start, we now know their company, Ticketus, “purchased tickets for Glasgow Rangers games for a number of seasons”.  This clarifies one matter, money received by Craig Whyte’s solicitors back in May last year was a straightforward purchase, not a loan, so VAT was applicable, and should have been declared and paid.  We can assume this VAT was not paid, whether it was declared or not will determine future consequences.

Octopus explain their investments are “designed with capital preservation in mind”, with “appropriate security being available” and “extensive due diligence”.

A reasonable interpretation of this is that the company have sufficient security to ensure that they have rights to sell Rangers tickets for parts or all of the stadium in years to come, although, the company stop short of making a firm statement on what is, after all, a private commercial matter.  They add that “no trading activity is risk free”, no one can assume there will be a Rangers in the future, and while their statement mentions Glasgow Rangers, it does not specifically mention a legal entity.

A floating charge exists over the stadium in Craig Whyte’s favour.  This would see the stadium revert to Whyte in the event of the club being liquidated.  Octopus may, or may not, have a claim on this floating charge.

Armed with this information, the administrators and Strathclyde Police will be keen to learn why none of the money for Rangers tickets went into the club.  Perhaps more importantly for any potential phoenix, questions remain over exactly who owns what claims on the stadium.

There could be a lot of sentimental photos being taken at Ibrox tomorrow.

All levity aside, this club is enduring a seemingly unending trauma.

Fancy writing something for CQN Magazine? Drop me an email and let me know what you would like to write about before you get started, just in case someone else has the same angle covered: celticquicknews@gmail.com.

There was some incredible late night action on the eBay action for the signed Celtic top in aid of the Vanessa Riddle Appeal. I’m stunned, check out the link below. You are pushing the reputation of supporters of Celtic Football Club ever higher.

Bid and help send Vanessa for the treatment she needs by clicking here. Only one day left.

If you would like to read CQN Magazine online (for free), click here. You can download a pdf of the magazine using the button at the top of the page, second from the right. Click on the link below to order a hard copy of the magazine.

Ship to:

You can support the online edition by making a discretionary donation here.

511 thoughts on "Get your tickets from the Octopus in the corner"

• Lennybhoy…Supporting Neil Lennon and CFC until I die

sparkleghirl says:
    17 February, 2012 at 19:16

Are you from Coatbridge?

Keep the Faith!

Hail Hail!

• celt55

jay_mac79 says:
    17 February, 2012 at 19:46
    Jeezo, Keevins telling us it was the MEDIA ie the MSM who have uncovered the Rangers story.
    Has he not heard of RangersTaxCase, Phil McG and CQN?
    What a fud!

Absolutely, I just wish the caller had stopped and listened to that because he could have come back and hammered the clown.

• wonkyradar

the “luj” only has 50k tops membership…don’t see how support for an irrelevant anachronistic organization vanishing into obsolescence can be a vote winner to be honest- this is the reason why these bigots are in perma-rage…they have a some unconscious prescience of their own demise.

• setting free the bears

Which MIB has been granted his retiral wish to referee Rangers last ever home win?

Bet of the day is Steve Davis to get a hat trick- all penalties.

• owen

Evening Folks.

Got a confession to make, I may have just fecked everthing up re the huns.

Let me explain, was out in the backgarden having a smoke and I think I stepped on a slug, under the rules of Karma I do believe that if one odious, slimy creature dies another one must live. Sorry, so very sorry folks but I think I have just guaranteed the huns survival.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

• THE EXILED TIM

WITS

The huns will win tomorrow, no way will the cheats with the whislte and flags let them lose.

After all it could be their last game there.

• the glorious balance sheet

Mark Daly has just tweeted that the BBC have received a writ from the Motherwell born billionaire.

It just keeps getting better :)

• hamiltontim

Lennybhoy…Supporting Neil Lennon and CFC until I die says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:00
    sparkleghirl says:
    17 February, 2012 at 19:16

Are you from Coatbridge?

Keep the Faith!

Hail Hail!

——————————————————–

He asks all the ghirls that!!

• setting free the bears

If Craig Whyte has issued a writ against the BBC, then all debate on whether he is a genius or an idiot is at an end.

The man’s from the Planet Zog. He’s a PZBB

• the glorious balance sheet

Another chance for MBB to say in an open court “I can`t quite recollect”, “not quite sure”, “wouldn`t like to get it wrong”, “I cant remember doing that but if its my signature then I must have done” etc etc

• oglach

Guys no one is going to invest in Rangers with a possible 50 – 70 million debt hanging over it. It just does not make any business sense; think about it. Anyway their bones will soon be available to be picked clean for next to nothing. Any sound business plan would look to pick up as much as possible for as little as possible – i present Wee Craig.

• sparkleghirl

Lennybhoy…Supporting Neil Lennon and CFC until I die says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:00

No, not from Coatbridge, but found the boycott really hard and had to go somewhere. Think it was the Bernie Slaven connection that swung it for me. I

• stevie67

Owen

how could you?

• setting free the bears

I was helping (??- well I get to buy the booze) my wife with the shopping at Morrisons tonight and noticed that they had a special offer on St. Ivel’s Jelly & Custard reduced to £1.

Is this an acceptable party repast?

• voguepunter

sparkleghirl says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:06

Bernie Slaven?
    Are you from Fernhill/Castlemilk?

• fergus slayed the blues

I am wondering if what I heard on SSB tonight was correct .
    Delehunt stated the rules regarding any SPL club going into liquidation and said that the top Div 1 club would come up and there would be now relegation .He then went on to say that Kevvins and the MSM /LL had been briefed this week that if ragers were liquidated it would go to a 5 man panel .
    This then means that the SPL RULES WILL BE CHANGED TO ACCOMIDATE RAGERS .
    This is IMO a complete scandal and if it occurs I would expect Celtic fc to immediately hand in their notice to leave the SPL and contact UEFA with the reasons why .
    I will never watch another SPL game if they are given this privilege
    hail hail

• Árd Macha

Paul67,

“All levity aside, this club is enduring a seemingly unending trauma”

Good.

Seriously Paul I’m finding it difficult to put the levity aside.

Árd Macha

• sparkleghirl

voguepunter says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:08

Bernie Slaven?
    Are you from Fernhill/Castlemilk?

Not guilty M’Lud. But with no Celtic to watch and no car it was Coatbridge or Maryhill.

• Lennybhoy…Supporting Neil Lennon and CFC until I die

hamiltontim says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:04

You know that Coatbridge women are alright…unless I am wrong? Be careful before you answer and you know why…:)

Keep the Faith!

Hail Hail!

• TimJim

Just logged back on is bruce almighty about or is he in his bed the wee billy boy

• hamiltontim

sparkle ghirl

Just gonnae tell your two stalkers where you stay!! :-)

• ulysses mcghee

20.05 and as the rest of us bolt the doors against the storm, Pat Nevin is plodding the touchlines of Ibrox, placing a collection of BBC loaned furry, wind-proofed microphones on the turf. Turning the mics towards the seats. He stops and looks up the the press boxes. His home for the evening. But he knows there will be no sleep. Not for Pat Nevin. No, no sleep for Pat Nevin. The Sentinel for what still passes for decency in this country. Integrity. Dignity, even. He won’t hide from the sectarianism. He won’t look away when the mask slips. He thinks of his calor gas stove and the soup he will make on it. Baxter’s Chicken Broth he decides. He smiles as he places another mic stand into the cold turf. It is still early and Pat Nevin still has so much work to do…

• Headtheball

Paul67,

It surely must be time to get the lovely Katy Johnson back on TV duties. It would be interesting to hear fans views on how the jelly and ice cream is going down.

• oglach

fergus slayed the blues says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:08

I think that the 5 man panel will have at least 2 that will vote against a newco – Celtic and Dundee utd. I could be wrong can anyone advise?

• Lennybhoy…Supporting Neil Lennon and CFC until I die

sparkleghirl says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:06

Just wondereding.

Keep the Faith!

Hail Hail!

• voguepunter

hamiltontim says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:12

bit of mystery is good….unless it’s the books
    at ibrokes.

• Jobo Baldie

Quiz tonight?

• dirtymac \o/

fergus slayed the blues says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:08
    I am wondering if what I heard on SSB tonight was correct .
    This then means that the SPL RULES WILL BE CHANGED TO ACCOMIDATE RAGERS .
    I will never watch another SPL game if they are given this privilege
    hail hail
    +++++

I think he read my post on P&B (been back on there this week), where I stated as much. The five man panel has to rubber-stamp the transfer of the SPL share (for a £1, TAL).

The biggest stumbling block for all of this is that Ross County don’t satisfy the ground criteria, although they can apply for dispensation for tenancy from ICT before 31st March.

Timing’s everything here – orcs need to liquidate and be reborn before Ross County get in there over the next 6 weeks and hope nobody holds up the process (like an irate HMRC withholding a VAT number)

• sparkleghirl

hamiltontim says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:12
    sparkle ghirl

Just gonnae tell your two stalkers where you stay!! :-)

_____________________________
    Warmer climes now. Safe as houses :)

Haven’t seen Celtic for a loooong time but count myself lucky that I lived through the turmoil of the takeover and the 7 Larsson years.

• wonkyradar

has that total fud Keevins ever heard of the maxim: examine the assumptions behind your own assumptions? this guys mind must float around in a permanent state of preconception about everything…nothing budges him from assumptions…he knows what everybody else thinks! Q nasal condescension: YOU ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH! THAT IS A LIE! Celtic DO, DO…i repeat DO need rangers! PETER IS JUST BEING INCREDULOUS…

• hamiltontim

Lennybhoy…Supporting Neil Lennon and CFC until I die says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:11
    hamiltontim says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:04

Keep the Faith!

Hail Hail!

—————————————————————————-

I’ll answer when she takes her stilleto off my genitals!!

• celticghirlanew

Ghuys…. I might be a wee bit inept, as I’m just getting the hang of this posting stuff.
    This is my first post (as someone who swore never to get involved in football).
    However……
    Having become hooked over the last two years (being fascinated by my hubbie’s love of the Hoops), and reading this site from the sidelines, I felt it was time to throw my hat in the ring.
    I have watched in awe, as countless MIB decisions went against Celtic (even as one new to fitba’. I could see the injustice).
    I have watched since then, with huge interest….. and a lot of comments my grannie would have been mortified at!!!…….. and gradually began to see that Celtic were being disadvantaged time and time again!!!
    And now – the politicians throwing their colours (mainly orange!) behind the R*C debacle……. I’m horrified. Just wanted to let this forum know that Celtic has my heart, and I’m furious at our “first” minister’s comments.

And before I get the usual question………..
    I’m NOT a hun
    :-)

• dirtymac \o/

Jobo Baldie says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:15
    Quiz tonight?
    +++++

Yep, I’m quizmaster.

1. What is abudy’s favourite dessert?
    2. How funny has this week been (multiple guess question):
         A. Very
         B. Completely
         C. Single-fished underwear funny
         D. All of the above
    3. Gie’s a treble yell, aaight?

-pmcc

• THE EXILED TIM

Any links to Lennys presser today ?

• TheOriginalSadiesBhoy

savio says:
    17 February, 2012 at 19:36

Hearing rumours of some Czech’s being interested in the huns

anyone hear anything?

……………………………………………………

Yes I heard that today. Twins apparently -Dud and Bounced.

• oglach

celticghirlanew says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:17
    I’m NOT a hun
    ——-
    “she doth protest too much methinks”

Welcome YA HUN

• voguepunter

celticghirlanew says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:17

WELCOME……..where do you stay? :O)

• Thindimebhoy

Lest not forget the main villain and architect of the collapse of RFC

Enter stage left (soon) Sir David of Mutiple (phoney) Moonbeams

Moonbeams unambiguous fiver tenner brag metaphorically dumped a tractor load of spuds on CFC and that was thats a lot more than his fans could throw from the stands on any one day.

Karma or what goes around comes around credit crunch fast forward to 2012

Its increasingly looking like Moonbeams needed an escape route before the gorilla got loose and Whyte was the only offer in town

Someone may want to ask Sir David of Multiple (phoney) Moonbeams why he sold part of the fabric of Scottish society for a pound

• dirtymac \o/

celticghirlanew says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:17
    This is my first post (as someone who swore never to get involved in football).
    However……

And before I get the usual question………..
    I’m NOT a hun
    :-)
    +++++

Welcome hun(ny) ;-)

• Celticbhoy

Paul67
    In the Disney The Sword in the Stone Madame Mim says

: Sounds like someone’s sick. How lovely. I do hope it’s serious. Something dreadful.

Sums up my view on Rangers

• TimJim

celticghirlanew says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:17
    I’m NOT a hun

Welcome ya hunness:0)

• tommytwiststommyturns

Uly – top class mate!

T4

• fergus slayed the blues

oglach says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:13
    Funny you say that, there will be 2 no newco there was a piece about some guy having the casting vote but why the hell is it even going to a 5 man panel .If the rules are in place they should be abided by .
    IMO ragers in Div 3 has a lot less appeal to the real buyers in this scam ,SPL inclusion is a must .
    Let’s see how far the powers that be will go to make it happen .
    hail hail

• Scotpatsfan

Hamiltontim>>>>I’ll answer when she takes her stilleto off my genitals!!

They must teach that manoeuvre to all Coatbridge girls in their High Schools to show them how to get their way!

SPF

• hamiltontim

voguepunter says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:20
    celticghirlanew says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:17

WELCOME……..where do you stay? :O)

———————————————-

Real laugh out loud moment!!! :-)))))))))))

• dirtymac \o/

THE EXILED TIM says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:18
    Any links to Lennys presser today ?
    +++++

Would like to see it again – was a beezer :-)

Cannae help but think of what he was alluding to when discussing the title.

• celticghirlanew

oglach
    I don’t protest!!!
    But thanks for the welcome!!
    :-)

• dirtymac \o/

voguepunter says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:20
    celticghirlanew says:
    17 February, 2012 at 20:17

WELCOME……..where do you stay? :O)
    +++++

With her hubby.

• TerryONeill Neil ah love yae

tommytwiststommyturns
    17 February, 2012 at 19:42

Its always been worth it,

thanks you made me realise just how long av been phoning

that made me fill up.

Ah wid take more time to thank more people individually because blanket thenks doesnt do service tae the way yir individual comments lift ma heart.

But am goin furra swally,

Torontony ah luv yae tel Gerry ah wis askin fur im,been working half ma week doon south on a regular basis will try an up ma contact wae yie,keep well al raise ma glass as usual n yil no be far fae ma thoughts.

• hamiltontim

Scotpatsfan

You’re mistaken, I asked her to do that :-))