Greatest fans in the world? You better believe it

Some weeks ago I received a painting of Neil Lennon in the post from US based artist, Joseph Gormley.  We put it onto eBay this week to get our launch our 2012 charity fundraising efforts.  As well as a couple of local charities we will again donate to the Martin Chambers Ecuador Trust and Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research.  After so many Celtic fans have been touched by three kids, Oscar, Niamh and Vanessa, this year we added The Neuroblastoma Alliance who do research work into the childhood cancer.

The auction raised an incredible £5000.  When I contacted the winning bidder and discussed some of the stories behind the beneficiaries I had to insist he took the painting, he was so affected he wanted to return it for another auction to raise more money.  Joseph Gormley was so inspired by the success of the auction he has already offered to paint other subjects for us and I have a jersey signed by the Seville team in the pipeline.

So, if you were one of those who bid an incredible amount but were pipped at the post (and there were a few in this category), there will be another chance soon.

Running this blog gives me the privilege of witnessing so many great works, most of which come with the request of anonymity.  It’s a real honour.

Well done and thank you.

1196 thoughts on "Greatest fans in the world? You better believe it"

• hamiltontim

ernie

No that’s not what I’m saying and I believe that you’re representing me unfairly here.

At no time have I said that Celtic, the board or the supporters, wanted the huns to have a policy of apartheid that’s ridiculous to even suggest such a thing.

You maintain that Celtic could stop a newco and that’s fair enough but I’m my eyes that is based on supposition and guess work. I’ve seen nothing that could substantiate your argument.

• voguepunter

TEAM FOR TODAY.

Hamiltontims mum and dad.

• Gordon_J backing Neil Lennon

sparkleghirl,

Indeed. As an advert for the professional services of D&P this is not going well at all.

• Vmhan supporting Lenny and his Lions

MWD, thoughts and prayers.
    V

• voguepunter

G64

Ya big jammy sod,you do know there will
    be shouts of FIX.

• Vmhan supporting Lenny and his Lions

Vogue
    HT on the bench!

• Paddy Gallagher

voguepunter on 22 April, 2012 at 11:07 said:
    TEAM FOR TODAY.

Hamiltontims mum and dad.
    *******************************
    :-)))))))))))) Hail Hail

• sparkleghirl

shady on 22 April, 2012 at 11:05 said:

Aye well, Ok then, second most shameful period then.

• Philbhoy – It’s just the beginning!

Can I buy shares in Duff & Phelps?

• voguepunter

Vmhan,let it go ,ya Lancashire tumshie :O)

• Vmhan supporting Lenny and his Lions

Later Celts I’m away for a pint, some things are better in engerland….. well Opening times ha!
    V

• hamiltontim

VP

Ya big galloot you’ve made me laugh and greet simultaneously :-)))

Thank you sincerely for that.

• Green tide

are they dead yet?

• roy croppie

hamiltomtim
    some post mate and I’m sure your da will be proud of you keeping the flame burning, superb stuff.
    My favourite memory amongst many was winning the league at Love Street, and being there, against the odds. Real Celtic romance.

Looks like the Sunday Rags are mounting a last stand for the zombies; pity they are irrelevant.
    C’mon the Hoops.

• Steinreignedsupreme

I’ll try again – does anyone else think next Sunday’s game will not happen?

• Lennon n Mc….Mjallby

This craic about no penalties for zombification f.c looks like a typical trick so that we can stomach the punishment they want to give them,theoretical poxy 10 or 15 point penalties (which the bombproof referees committee will help them plug in no time) over two years.

If they were to be readmitted to the spl with points deduction it should be at least 6 years,3 years to run alongside the Europe ban and then 3 years after to match the Euro ban,giving other spl clubs the chance to compete for honours whilst bringing through youngsters.

2 years of 10-15 point deductions is more nauseating that no penalty at all as it could never happen,Scotland would be shamed beyond all recognition,if you think channel 4 are doing a good job just now the public condemnation of Scottish football would go supernova across Europe if there was no penalties.

• theglasgowcelticway

hamiltontim
    I loved being in your fathers company,it was a great privilege.He had a fantastic knowledge of all things in life,a faith that was an inspiration to anyone that met him and a wicked sense of humour.I have to say that every time we met he would ask me, “how are the Celtic doing?” and then enquire after the welfare of his son.Mind you,Celtic were a disaster then.It probably hit for the first time yesterday when I noticed,with sadness,your post,”my mom has a house in France.”Head up mate!!

• Lennon n Mc….Mjallby

Theoretical- hypothetical.

• voguepunter

Steinreignedsupreme on 22 April, 2012 at

Was saying in pub yeterday,it may not go ahead.
    Hope it does ,so we can give them one last
    GIRFUY.

• Philbhoy – It’s just the beginning!

SRS

I can’t really see liquidation before next weekend, so I expect the game, sorry, show, to continue.

For a wee while anyway.

• hamiltontim

Steinreigned…

Yes I think the game will go ahead mate.

• gallagher

HT
    Great post in the wee small hours

• knoxy2000 eating Jelly and Ice Cream and supporting Neil Lennon

Shocking attack on Neil Lennon in todays Sunday Life (NI). Couldn’t believe what I was reading. I have made my feelings known to them on twitter and I suggest more of you may wish to do the same? Will also be emailing them.
    I tweeted a pic of it to Phil Mac and Paul67 amongst others if you want to check my tweets @sknox7

Knoxy!

Hail Hail

• Big Nan

Top of the morning from a grey, dry, Fife.

Paul Clark of D & P makes it clear that Ticketus have Whyte, if not in their pocket, in hand, at least, in the matter of delivering his shares up to a preferred bidder for a reasonable sum.

The agreement between Ticketus and Whyte is key to the whole issue, and while it has been said by many informed observers of the administration process that Ticketus took a hit when Rangers went into administration maybe that was not the case.

What if Ticketus do have Whyte by the short and curlies in terms of their contract and do know that Whyte is on-side with whatever bidder Ticketus says is the one to go with?

It has always troubled me that Ticketus appeared to be so stupid as to do a deal with a known asset-stripper without protecting their interests in the event of administration or liquidation. That doesn’t figure. IMHO of course.

• voguepunter

Ht

I see you’ve had problems logging on
    to predictor.
    Obviously accounts for your low score:O)

• hamiltontim

TGCW

My friend if he could have wished for, or chosen, another son it would have been you!

Thanks for that Mr RC :-)

• kitalba

hamiltontim on 22 April, 2012 at 10:52

Sydney… read Jock Stein he’ll explain it to you.

hamiltontim on 22 April, 2012 at 10:52

Agreed our charter is exclusive, always has been, there is no dubiety about that; however our commercial strategy may, or may not, have evolved along partisan lines.

Celtic and Rangers co-existed along ‘traditional’ values (sic) but fraud and deception was not part of accepted social bigotries.

The huns spent decades trying to toast us, literally… they failed, but in the drawn out process we were empowered through our resolve and attachment. Now we are strong and they are weak and many reflect it is now us that pour fuel on the fire and revel the toasting.

Magnanimous? Noble? Christian?

Let the huns pay their debts and continue or let them die; their deeds will be their coffins lid and if it not, and it is all sanitized with them continuing without proportionate punishment and Celtic continue to play in the league and people go to watch the games… then we will have written into acceptable precedence the future abuse of our children.

We could not change it fifty years ago, we can today, but to deny one of them employment with us because of his previous employment is to ask what sholl did you go to only other a different guise and it would be us who were taking a giant step back in bigotry.

I think the Holy Golie is the better keeper. I think Darren O’Dea is a good player, I would welcome both back and if Neil Lennon thought the McGregor would help our cause and he signed him, then I would welcome him too. But Ican still take the slash out of the huns mire.

• hamiltontim

VP

Na the fact that I’m psshh poor at predicting football results accounts for my low score!!

• bournesouprecipe

Snyde BBC and Real Radio……,……

All in talks over this weeks Liquidation Helpline.

Mon the Windy Miller

• glassaghwho

hamiltontim on 22 April, 2012 at 04:43 ..Just read your post and the time alone you spent with your father was the making off you .. Your father was a proud man both of celtic and his family and the likes of their generation will unfortunately will never grace this world again ..You must miss him ..May he rest in peace ..Hail Hail

• Steinreignedsupreme

voguepunter on 22 April, 2012 at 11:19:
    Philbhoy – It’s just the beginning! on 22 April, 2012 at 11:19:
    hamiltontim on 22 April, 2012 at 11:20:

Cheers for the replies.

I have a feeling they will be liquidated this week. Just reading McCoist’s quotes from yesterday, I think tomoorow is the last chance for the Barron Knights to make their move … and they are all bluster in my opinion and feart to make any move before the tax case is settled.

So this may be it. It’s a win/win situation for us either way though.

• nally81

if anyone watched match of the day last night you will agree that
    blackburn and swansea both scored great corner stamp goals.
    watch them again and ask if fraser forster would have saved both shots
    i believe he would have
    one of the MSM’S greatest victories in recent years was to convince
    a majority of Celtic fans that our goalie was hopeless
    they did the same thing with big dan

anyway i think we should sign daly, rhodes and mc carthy

gbnl

• ernie lynch

sparkleghirl on 22 April, 2012 at 10:51 said:
    ”If the newco deal goes ahead with minimal or no penalties, then the most shameful period in scottish football will have been presided over by two Englishmen, Doncaster and Regan.”

Aye right enough, It’s all the fault of the English.

Beyond desperate.

• Steinreignedsupreme

‘Tomorrow’ even…

• TimJim

Was I surprised at the score at Swinecastle yesterday NO I do not know any of the details,I do not buy Sunday papers now.So how many penalties did they get,how many other dubious decisions did they get.Last but not least the titles ours but lets not slip up and win by at least 21 points.

• ernie lynch

hamiltontim on 22 April, 2012 at 11:07 said

It’s neither supposition nor gueswork that Celtic could resign from the SPL.

• Auld Neil Lennon heid

Lennon n Mc….Mjallby on 22 April, 2012 at 11:16 said:

time for the SFA and SPL to come clean. a few more of these to SFA might help get clarification.

@StewartRegan Re Miller “bid”. Has he spoken to SFA? Will SFA approve licence and under what authority? Have SPL spoken to SFA? Clarity plse

• shady

On the McGregor debate, it is hard to guess how good he would be without the officials protecting him from contact from opposition players. He’s produced a few howlers in the past couple of seasons that the LL would never stop reminding us of if it was Fraser or THG.

S

• Steinreignedsupreme

ernie lynch on 22 April, 2012 at 11:33:

“Celtic could resign from the SPL.”

And go where?

• bournesouprecipe

Not convinced there isn’t some chicanery going on in the London Marathon, there’s a guy in seventh place on a Motorbike.

• hamiltontim

Kit

A really good post but I just can’t agree with you about our continued support, or lack of it, should they be parachuted into the SPL.

I concur with your comments about Boruc being the better keeper. However, unless he’s improved his fitness, his application in training and altered his lifestyle then I wouldn’t take him back.

O’Dea is one of those players who seems to get better the longer he’s away. Not for me mate.

• SonsOfErin

Reading a Tom English article in the Scotsman, one line jumps out “The SFA and the SPL will know that the eyes of Scottish football are upon them now. ”

Not british, european, nor world football, just the eyes of scottish football. This sums up the largely xenophobic attitudes of Scots presbyterians, it appears that the scottish footballing world regards the views of bodies outside their borders as irrelevant, not required, and not welcome. This is demonstrated most ably by the “welcome” Alex Thomson’s work has received north of the border.

They’ll fashion a pretty little mess out of all this, stick their fingers in their ears and scream “I’m not listening” should UEFA, FIFA or Chanel 4 ask difficult questions, and everything will be right in the world (which ends at Scotland’s borders).

• bournesouprecipe

Steinreignedsupreme

I’d like to think there was a very strong possibility that next Sundays game is doubtful too.

• DeniaBhoy

Off to clean the pool. Thanks for the morning company and to those who suggested some names for the baby. “Brendan” has now been shortlisted.
    So we could have (not to say it won’t change over coming 3 months):
    Daniel Fegan
    Liam Fegan
    Brendan Fegan
    Fraser Fegan

And I thought this would be easy :)

• RogueLeader

I think people need to remember winning the PR battle is as important as satisfying D&P. All of the black brotherhoods vying for control have PR firms.

I am sure Miller has had a discussion with the SPL. The SPL are obliged to do so. I am also sure the SPL will have told the other members what was said. I am also sure there is no way Doncaster could give any indication as to what may happen pending votes, investigations etc. I am also sure there is no way Doncaster would give any sort of indications like that as if the other members heard he would be out of a job rapid.

It is all hunguffery……

• shady

DeniaBhoy on 22 April, 2012 at 11:41 said:

Finn

S

• hamiltontim

ernie

Come on now you’re continuing to misrepresent me.

I didn’t say that it was supposition or guess work in relation to that. What I said was that your notion that Celtic could prevent a newco is baseless, there is nothing to support it ernie.

• hamiltontim

Deniabhoy

Now knowing your surname, how about Michael :-)))

• ernie lynch

Steinreignedsupreme on 22 April, 2012 at 11:37 said:

We’ve been through this at length before.

In the absence of anywhere else Celtic could apply for the vacant spot in the third division.

It wouldn’t generate so much money but it would allow us to retain our integrity.

I suppose it comes down to which you value more.

• knoxy2000 eating Jelly and Ice Cream and supporting Neil Lennon

@Pmacgiollabhain @CQN @CelticNetwork11 Shocking attack on Neil Lennon in todays Sunday Life (NI). Very very poor. http://t.co/29LBqIyx

Don’t think the Sunday Life is available online. If so I will try to paste it in (I’m on my phone)

All this article does is stoke up the flames of sectarian hatred for Neil in N Ireland.