KRISTOFFER AJER is aiming for a belated 20th birthday gift against Hibs at Easter Road this afternoon.
The Norwegian defender moved out of his teens on Tuesday, but the celebrations have been put on hold until the Hoops cement their seventh successive Premiership title.
Brendan Rodgers’ men are just three points from achieving the feat – and they can seal the magnificent seven in Edinburgh against Neil Lennon’s side.
Ajer said: “Of course, it’s a big ambition to win the league when you play for Celtic and to contribute in doing that would be a huge thing for me.
“To win my first league title will be special. It’s a big thing to win silverware for Celtic, playing for such a big club with big expectations, and you want to prove yourself good enough and by winning the league, so, hopefully, we will do that.
“I’ve had some great months, playing more games and learning a lot under the gaffer and the rest of the players.
“It’s been a really good time for me as a player as we’ve had some great performances and we just want to finish the league in the same way.
“To really end the season on a high with more good displays would be great for me and the rest of the team.”
* Ajer was speaking to The Celtic View on sale now.
Read more from Celtic Quick News …
- ‘BRENDAN’S LOVE OF CELTIC WILL KEEP HIM FOR 10 IN A ROW,’ HARTSON
- LEGEND BACKS BRENDAN’S BHOYS
- LENNY HAILS TOP MAN RODGERS
- ‘CALMAC SO LIKE TB,’ HOOPS BOSS
- CONFIRMED: GRIFF LEADS ATTACK
- LENNY’S PARTY-POOPERS DELAY TITLE CELEBRATIONS
- BETTER TEAM WON,’ ADMITS RODGERS