* CELTIC have been eliminated by Valencia in their two previous knock-out encounters. The Spanish side won 6-4 on aggregate in the 1962/63 Fairs Cup first round – the Hoops’ first-ever European ties – and on penalties in the 2001/02 UEFA Cup last 32.
Martin O’Neill’s men lost 1-0 away and won 1-0 at Parkhead with Henrik Larsson on target. The Swede, Stan Petrov and Joos Valgaeren missed from the spot in the penalty shoot-out which Valencia won 5-4.
* CELTIC have won six, drawn one and lost one of their last eight home games in European competition, qualifiers included.
Their most memorable win has been the 2-1 success over RB Leipzig where Kieran Tierney and Odsonne Edouard scored for Brendan Rodgers’ side.
ACTION MAN…Ryan Christie races past two RB Leipzig defenders in the 2-1 win.
The only defeat in that run came against Red Bull Salzburg on December 13.
*SINCE the start of the Europa League in 2009/10, Celtic have never progressed past the last 32 – this is their sixth appearance.
* VALENCIA have never kept a clean sheet in an away game in eight outings against Scottish opposition, in all competitions.
* THE Spaniards’ Carlos Soler was directly involved in four of his team’s six goals in this season’s Champions League group stages, two goals and two assists.
* DON’T miss the unbeatable match report and the best action pictures from Celtic v Valencia tonight – only in your champion CQN.