LISBON LION Bertie Auld’s vision on the football pitch in the heat of battle is legendary. The midfield mastermind orchestrated several of the club’s most memorable triumphs.
And the Hoops genius still has an eye for the main chance.
Auld hails author Alex Gordon’s latest book as “a truly unique tribute to Celtic” and ’50 Flags Plus One’, has just been published and is only on sale at CQN Bookstore before it is open to the general public later this year.
It’s up for grabs at £20 and Alex has agreed to sign it with any message you may believe is appropriate.
PLUS! We are giving away FREE a copy of ‘SEVILLE: The Celtic Movement’, priced at £18.99, with every copy of , ’50 Flags Plus One’.
READ ALL ABOUT IT…Alex Gordon’s latest Celtic book, ’50 Flags Plus One’.
It’s a fabulous double treat for the Celtic support.
Please hurry – the offer is limited to while stocks last and they are going fast.
’50 Flags Plus One’ is the unique collection of tales behind the fifty-one title triumphs in Celtic’s glorious history.
Alex, a veteran of fifteen Celtic books and a former Sports Editor at the best-selling Sunday Mail, recalls the inside stories on many of these momentous occasions.
* BEHIND THE SCENES: The countdown to Brendan Rodgers quitting Celtic.
* REVEALED! The half-time pep talk by Jock Stein against Rangers that sparked the first nine-in-a-row title sequence.
* FROM the dole to title delight – how things changed so dramatically and gloriously for a Celtic legend in the club’s Centenary Year.
* DAVIE HAY reveals how Hearts HELPED Celtic to overcome the Edinburgh team in the dramatic race for the 1986 title.
* THE day Neil Lennon threatened to quit in his first spell as Celtic manager.
* THE History Bhoys – the day Celtic won TWO games in the same day to claim their thirteenth title.
* FIFTY-GOAL Jimmy McGrory ends a decade in the doldrums with eighteenth flag in 1936.
* THE Jimmy Johnstone Show – Celtic icons remember the day Wee Jinky ran amok at Ibrox. And the team won their second successive title in the nine-in-a-row glory days.
* JOCK STEIN’S heartfelt salute to Celtic greats after the Lions’ Last Hurrah with title victory in 1971.
* BIG Jock’s tenth championship – the legend goes out with another remarkable title triumph in 1977. The legend talks about dealing with tension in a thrilling campaign that was capped with a Scottish Cup victory over Rangers. Discover what Kenny Dalglish did to bewilder the Celtic manager.
* ‘CELTIC are a fairy-tale football club,’ insisted Billy McNeill on his return to Parkhead as manager. And his first-season success with the championship – and the transfers that made it happen.
* THE night ten men won the league. Why Billy McNeill threatened to throw red-card culprit Johnny Doyle ONTO the field.
* ‘CELTIC: 50 Flags Plus One’ celebrates the club’s remarkable fifty-one league championships in their glorious history. To order a copy – and get a FREE book, ‘Seville: The Celtic Movement’ – please go to: ‘CELTIC: 50 Flags Plus One’.