BRENDAN RODGERS has added words of support for legendary Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
The iconic team boss is in intensive care after having emergency surgery following a brain haemorrhage yesterday morning.
Rodgers wished the 76-year-old Glaswegian a speedy recovery, describing the ex-Old Trafford and Aberdeen gaffer as an inspiration.
He said: “It was a big shock to us all when we found that out as he’s a man in great health.
“He’s a real colossal manager and an inspiration to all of us younger managers, with his achievements and how he’s conducted himself.
“We hope and pray he makes a really good recovery and gets back doing what he’s done all his life and inspiring young managers like myself.”
Read more from Celtic Quick News …
- ‘I’M SO HAPPY AT CELTIC,’ KT
- ‘GIVE STEVIE G £30m – AT LEAST,’ ALLY
- CONFIRMED: BAIN AND DEMBELE RETURN
- BRENDAN CLEARS UP MUSONDA ‘MYSTERY’
- ‘WE WEREN’T GOING TO GET OUTDONE PHYSICALLY THIS TIME,’ RODGERS
- ‘TRUE GRIT CELTIC’S PERFECT RESPONSE
- ‘NAISMITH A COWARD,’ BLASTS SUTTON