Getting the job done tomorrow will take all of us

Much of the team picks itself tomorrow.  Hart, Juranovic, Carter-Vickers, Starfelt, Taylor, McGregor, Jota and Kyogo.  Ange Postecoglou has to decide whether to play Abada or Maeda on the wing, and who from O’Riley, Hatate and Turnbull will miss out.

I expect O’Riley and Hatate to get the nod.  If Abada also starts, that would mean, from the side that won this fixture in February, the only change would be Kyogo for Giakoumakis.

Whomever we start with, we know to expect a game in parts; one line-up for the first hour or so, with a significantly changed look for the remainder of the game.

Newco are likely to go with the team that won in Eindhoven, with the exception of injured Tom Lawrence.  By my measure, they will have three who have never been to Celtic Park before, as well as the keeper, who only played there once, for Hearts.  A partisan +59,000 support in attendance can ensure they feel a long way from home.

How the game is officiated is a worry.  The decision Newco got while tied at 0-0 with Ross County last week may inhibit the chances of a similar act tomorrow.  Better to have them get away with such a glaring one when the stakes are lower.

No matter how good you think Celtic are playing right now, Newco are in the Champions League group stage because they know how to get the job done.  We are facing a Champions League team and will need a rocking Celtic Park to get the job done.

1. To Whom It May Concern or Be of Interest

I had my final planned chemo session this morning.

My vital blood counts are excellent and my immunity is 100%. My PSA score has gone down to 11.1. No further treatment is required (at the moment). I am booked to see a consultant at end of October when some future plan of treatment or therapy may be covered.

All in all, a good day.

2. so, buying better players using finances you have to borrow is indeen a cempetative advantage..

———————-

Swiss Ramble

@SwissRamble

UEFA have announced new Financial Sustainability regulations from June 2022. President Aleksander Ceferin explained, “The evolution of the football industry, alongside the inevitable financial effects of the pandemic, has shown the need for wholesale reform and new regulations.”

7:18 AM · Jun 27, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Retweets

Quote Tweets

Likes

Swiss Ramble

@SwissRamble

Jun 27

Replying to

@SwissRamble

UEFA director Andrea Traverso noted, “Competitive imbalance cannot be addressed simply by financial regulations. It must be addressed in combination with other measures. This is why we changed the name. The name fair play was interpreted as creating a level playing field.”

3. Interesting interview on sky, with Elyounoussi. Interviewer trying to talk up the epl.

Mohamed is very honest and bigging up Norway.

Must admit, the biggest smiles were saved for talking of his seasons at Celtic.

What a smashing fella

4. The Star above The Crest on

Ron Bacardi

Excellent news. I hope your treatment continues to be a success. Keep well & Hail Hail 🍀🍀

5. I had a short exchange with @Celtic4me yesterday on the hun motivation for zero spend after the CL$$$.

To be clear, for about 15 years, this site is my feedback on all things Celtic and also fitba’ in general. I know much less about FFP etc than others on this site but I concluded it was FFP or some other self interested issue that made them wind their necks in on transfers.

If you look like a duck and quack like a duck……..it will take something like FFP to stop your bad behaviour.

Quackquackcsc

6. RON BACARDI on 2ND SEPTEMBER 2022 7:18 PM

To Whom It May Concern or Be of Interest

your own transfer windae slamming shut, well done on your resilience fella.

7. If we’d been on the FFP list…………………… there woulda been a summit organised with everyone from wee chic to Kay Whitshername involved in hand-wringing unison.

Aye.

8. TEXASTIM on 2ND SEPTEMBER 2022 7:45 PM

I’m not sure it is FFP, they’re on watch now, but they haven’t been sanctioned yet which is the next stage which would carry threats of big fines and bans. The period that uefa used for their calculations includes some years of pretty hefty losses. Once they drop out of the calculations last years income and this should see them safe for a while yet.

It could be that they’re looking at their wage bill and are worried about making the 70% figure in 3 years time if they take on any more big earners, it’s maybe why Ross Barkley was never happening, but that would suggest them taking a far longer term view than they’ve ever done before.

My opinion, but for them to change their behavior so much so quickly I think there’s something else going on

9. bournesouprecipe on

BANKIEBHOY1 on 2ND SEPTEMBER 2022 7:51 PM

Aye.

————————————-

Sevco have applied for another star to be added to the jersey

10. That USA based consortium looking at getting into the Sevco , anything in that that would spook them into not spending monies

11. Mhan am so embarrassed….had the polis, whilst relieving myself, move me on as I made my way from the pub to Central Station. Once in the station I made for the downstairs nearest trough…and again relieved myself…turns out it was a handwashing sink trough ;-))

H.H.

12. Tom McLaughlin on 2nd September 2022 5:42 pm

Anyone claiming the referee will be our biggest obstacle tomorrow hasn’t been paying attention.

……………………………………………………………..

Tom, Booby Madhuns last present as he deserted these planes was to Stop Celtic getting another Treble.

Walsh

Let’s hope he plays it fair as he is a relative Newbie!

Thunder & Lightning possible the morra during the game?

Whats the script there?

Will the game be stopped for a period?

13. Ron Bacardi on 2nd September 2022 7:18 pm

To Whom It May Concern or Be of Interest

I had my final planned chemo session this morning.

All in all, a good day.

…………………………………………….

Great News Ron, I hope you have a Big Celebration the morra too.

C’Mon the Leather Belts.

Get that early goal and……

14. Back to Basics - Glass Half Full on

Swiss ramble does a decent job as always.

Key takeaway from his analysis for me

“the calculation also includes profit on player sales, which will be assessed over 36 months, pro-rated to 12 months. Note: in the introductory period, this will be “the better of 12, 24 or 36 months”

Could easily explain why no new faces at Ibrokes after CL qualification.

Hypothetical transfer (sold – bought) profit this season?

I don’t know … £10 -12m?

They can carry this profit into calculations next season and the one after

… as they try to balance books …

…. while at same time pay off creditors

…. including the tax man

… while keeping their hoards happy with squad investment

… while, most significantly for me, finally being subjected to proper transparency requirements.

PS – none of this will be discussed on TV or radio pre-match tomorrow.