It’s hard times in the news industry but enough, already

Is there a bookies offering money on STV News achieving four-in-a-row tonight?  Can they set a new record of show footage of fans at Celtic Park on Sunday four consecutive days?  Don’t bet against it.

You would not be reading this if you thought a banned Daily Record journo got a line from those who banned him on Dermot Desmond’s musings.  It just didn’t happen.  The tabs are also keen to squeeze every drop from Sunday’s incident.  It is an open goal they are going to batter at for as long as possible.

I get that we are vulnerable and these are hard times in the news business, but enough, already.

Normally the hours before Celtic play at the San Siro would be a tense time but the team will probably be glad of the chance to go out and play without consequence.  There is nothing for us to gain tonight beyond a self-respecting performance.  I would be delighted with that but would settle for no injuries.

Celtic: Fifty Flags Plus One, an anthology of how Celtic won each of their league titles, is available now.  Starting with our first title in 1893, it details how Willie Maley brought consistent glory, then the sparse successes over four decades before Jock Stein arrived in 1965 and the more contemporary wins since.

It will rekindle memories you had forgotten and give insight into how the leagues were won.

SPECIAL OFFER, free copy of Seville, The Celtic Movement, while stocks last!

1. MODERATOR 2 on 3RD DECEMBER 2020 2:20 PM

Thank you.

Lets hope he’s back on soon.

I’m not in touch with him, but i think others are.

Personally I would have red carded him for his jokes, but that’s another matter.

2. Afternoon everyone looking for a bit of advice re a parking ticket given for parking in a hotel car park where you had to log in your car reg number into a terminal in reception. I did all this for 2 cars with the assistance of the Hotel manager as we were holding an event at said Hotel (not our first event at this Hotel so knew what the system was) . I have now received a letter from a company who run the parking system for the Hotel in question claiming that I didn’t register one of the cars (complete nonsense feel like I am being scammed) .They have sent me a Claim Form telling me they are taking me to the County court business centre in Northampton there is no Court date given on the form. They want £ 273.95 from me so not a small sum ,can anyone on here who has any knowledge of these scams give me a heads up on the legality of this or should I tell them to……… I would be very grateful for any help in this matter and no I’m not a Hun just a long term lurker honest

Hail Hail

Traderbhoy

3. A plea, please stop the baiting, can I suggest you scroll on by!

– Post of the day.

I have my list of scroll on byers. I’m undoubtedly on the list of others. Until Paul67 puts in a mute facility that’s the best we got.

4. 67 European Cup Winners on

I used to write “It’s the hope that kills them”

I was referring to Huns when they were really fu–ed

I now see on here various sentiments wishing praying hoping we win tonight – we play well tonight

Why in God’s green earth is it going to be any different tonight

What has changed since we got knocked out the CL, since the Huns mugged us, since we got knocked out the LC by Ross county, since Sparta hammered us twice, since we got knocked out the EL

Seriously what has happened ?????

Have the Board got together with NL and said there there all is OK we support you

Have the players who have not been playing decided OK I will play now

Has NL now discovered a formation he can manage

Is the relationship with the players and manager all positive now

Have we turned the proverbial corner

Oh dear – God help us

67ECW

5. ERNIE LYNCH on 3RD DECEMBER 2020 2:30 PM

MODERATOR 2 on 3RD DECEMBER 2020 2:20 PM

Thank you.

Lets hope he’s back on soon.

I’m not in touch with him, but i think others are.

——————————–

The jokes! Keep him in the sin bin. Come back Jimmy duly retracted.

6. Maybe we should have this like twitter… 280 charecters..no more.

I must admit I do scroll by the majority of screeds if thy haven’t captured my attention in the first few sentences

7. Back to Basics - Glass Half Full on

Pablo – at the risk of sounding ingratiating – my second “thank you for this article” in a row.

(“in-a-row” being fashionable).

Respect. It needed said.

Multiple choice question.

Which is the odd one out?

a. Nile

b. Amazon

c. Volga

d. Danube

e. SMSM

The answer is “e”.

All the others have sources.

An entire industry built on the production and thought free consumption of bullshit.

Why Celtic fans read, watch, listen to, reproduce or complain about it is beyond me.

Ignore it and it’ll die quicker.

Or don’t and, thus, give it oxygen.

Our choice.

Hail hail

Keep The Faith

8. If you see me postin on the blog

And you start to rage and get the red ‘fog’

Scroll on by (bab, bab, bab,ba ,bab, bab) walk on by

Make believe that you don’t see the tripe

Just let me type in public ’cause each time I see

I sit down and sigh, I sigh

Scroll on by, don’t stop

Scroll on by, don’t stop

scroll on by

9. TRADERBHOY

Don’t ignore it, lots of people will tell you to. Don’t ANPR parking companies business model is made around a share or revenue and fines, they will not go away.

Contact the Hotel, if they are sympathetic they have a certain number of waivers they can use with the Parking Management Company

10. TRADERBHOY on 3RD DECEMBER 2020 2:31 PM

There are thinks you need to consider.

If the hotel was in England or Wales and or the Company’s registered office is there you may have to pay.

If the hotel was in Scotland, it was a Parking Charge Notice and their registered office outside Scotland do not engage or pay.

Only a Penalty Charge Notice is enforceable in Scotland as it is only a Parking Attendant or Police Officer that can issue these.

Keep the Faith!

Hail Hail!

11. TRADERBHOY on 3RD DECEMBER 2020 2:31 PM.

I have big problems with phoney calls,and got caught by giving them info, I got a call last week saying that Sky say that I had a problem with my Sky account, I told them to f—k of as I don’t have Sky.

I get these calls all the time and just ignore them,If they ask you to press Nr 1 on your phone just hang up,they are trying to get your bank infomation,I got done for £3,500 but went to the bank early doors to see if my bank account had money taken out, the Bank Manager said,and thanked me for being so quick to act,

12. The Scottish MSM have been suffering like the rest of the huns for the past 9 years….. We have no chance of them letting go…….

13. Proudly announcing Scrolling on by regular posters is so yesterday and disrespectful. It reeks of superiority and hierarchy.

No wonder the site is full of cliques, or bubbles as it may be called nowadays. Play the ball, not the man.

Disagree all you want but let the moderators moderate.

What a turn off for would be posters.

Anyway COYBIG tonight.

14. TRADERBHOY on 3RD DECEMBER 2020 2:31 PM

Just clarify there are two:

Parking Charge Notice is issued by private companies.

Penalty Charge Notices are issued by Local Authorities and the Police.

Keep the Faith!

Hail Hail!

15. james forrest

thanks James.i didnt mistype anything.independent undistilled Celtic thinking on a Celtic blog is nectar.its easy to understand.We know were we are at.it doesnt need harnessed.

naff swerve on the meaningless games front,

even naffer being made to feel they are meaningless. nothing bout Celtic is ever such.

will put you down for a 2-1 victory. Peace.

hh

16. TIMJIM on 3RD DECEMBER 2020 3:13 PM

two not twe

i blame the schools timjim :-) are you

hh

17. In terms of the group the game IS meaningless. But it couldn’t be further from the truth where I’m coming from.

I am intrigued to see what changes will be made, how we’ll set-up. will some of the players be up for it, especially Ajer, who played really well in the first game against them, wonder why? :)) and what the use of subs will be this time. Change Nothing, Nothing Changes! por cierto.

18. !!BADA BING!! on 3RD DECEMBER 2020 12:22 PM

I agree but to be fair, Moravcik wasn’t just a name plucked out of the sky. As well as a varied playing career he has dabbled in coaching and is currently vice-president of the Slovak FA.

I think with his knowledge of the game around Europe, his understanding of the Scottish game, and an administerial role right now, he’d be ideal.

Some mentioned MON as a director of football but one of the criticisms of MON even while he was successful was that he seemed to have very little knowledge of players outwith the shores of the UK. I don’t think that’d be a problem with Lubo.

19. Big Georges Fan Club - Hail, Hail, Wee Oscar on

GARNGAD TO CROY on 3RD DECEMBER 2020 12:39 PM

A Neil Lennon Celtic team in Europe , who could defend in numbers and had a world class Goalkeeper between the sticks

————————————-

….and who could get gubbed at home to Morton a few months later.

Me and Wee BGFC were talking about this game last night – I can still see Big Efe sliding in the far corner of the 18 yard box and the ball hitting his arm under his bod near the ground – it was easy to get a seat anywhere that night but we sat it out in our own behind the goals in the Celtic end, so had a horribly clear, slow motion view of the car-crash as it happened – had been on the cards since the first five minutes of the game. Slow, side to side football, lack of urgency, etc. – was like a premonition of right now to be honest.

Same pattern of inconsistency – high of Barcelona, low of Morton – I recall the home draw against Arbroath in Neil’s first spell too – another night you could pick your seat in any part of the ground. Dreadful football, some mystifying performances and results.

Much though I love him as a true Celtic man and human being, dreadful results and performances under Neil – simply as the Celtic Manager – aren’t a new thing by any stretch of the imagination – sadly.

BGFC

20. Por Cierto

yup

the more we get to be definitive the more questions we ask.

i agree with you.

hh

21. Big Georges Fan Club - Hail, Hail, Wee Oscar on

…oh dear – I just found it on t’internet – here for anyone who wants to go through it again.

Check out the first seven passes – now there is a team that had no idea how they would start the game – and so it went on…and is that Bobby Madhun that’s the ref – no lingering doubt about the penalty in his mind.

Actually – to be fair – now I see it again, we actually looked more up for that Morton game than we have in recent times – jeezo!

BGFC

22. Deaths in Pearl Harbor: 2,403

Deaths on September 11th: 2,977

Covid-19 deaths yesterday in the US: 2,885

23. Can I just give a big thanks to all the Bhoys that have given advice on my parking charge problem I have contacted the Hotel but as it was so long ago 29/9/2019 (we moved house and have only received the letter today) they say there is nothing that they can do other than issue a letter stating that we did hold an event there on that date. I have been advised to e-mail the Manager and give all the details but don’t hold much hope of that doing any good. Sadly the Hotel is in Englandshire so no luck there.Thank you for your help Bhoys I really appreciate it . CQN at it’s best………..now go on Celtic cheer me up……PLEASE

Hail Hail

Traderbhoy

Havingabaddayinnorthamptoncsc

24. I think I can be pretty sure that Buddah and his followers aren’t really in to supporting a football team, and definitely not fans of blogging about Celtic currently😇

Mind you, I suppose if things keep going as they are, they may very well flood the Celtic office with requests for season cards!😇

Hail Hail

Matt

25. Oldtim67

Great to see you post.Snow and frost through

here today.Stay safe ma mhan

26. Hard to know what to expect from this afternoon’s game.

It’s almost more about what we don’t want than do!

No injuries or an utter hammering.

Maybe a fringe player or two to have an outstanding game?

To be honest, it’s all very flat for me and that is my main concern

27. Would this be “The world class keeper”,that can’t get a game for his club,or has no attraction for any other club.World class keepers go for around 30-40 million.At 10 million,its surprising their is not a queue for him.

Maybe he does not give an EFF about us,but loves the Sub’s money.

28. Rock Tree Bhoy on

Wonder what the thoughts are on here re our next 2 games, if we win them it looks very much like Neil will remain in charge for the foreseeable future, however if we lose them I think Neil will walk.

So we all want to win the next 2 games – right?

29. Reading that Matt and Gene have pending colonoscopies. Reminded me of the story of the Scots lad prepped and reposing on the gurney waiting for the doctor to arrive.

“Good morning, Matt, I’m Doctor Iniquitous, I’ll be doing your colonoscopy this morning.”

“Morning Doctor, could you write a short note for my wife?”

“A note to your wife? Matt, this is not a major operation. It is a minor procedure I do several times every day.”

“But could you still do it, Doc? It’s important to me.”

“O.K. Then, what do you want me to write?”

“Just confirm that my head is not in fact up there.”