* Celtic have yet to concede a goal in Sweden, having earned a 2-0 win and a 0-0 draw on their previous two visits. That 2-0 victory was part of a 4-0 aggregate 2012/13 Champions League play-off success over a Helsingborg outfit coached by Åge Hareide – in which current Malmo striker Nikola Djurdjić played both legs.
* Celtic last featured in the Champions League group stage in 2013/14, but lost to Maribor, of Slovenia, 2-1 on aggregate in last year’s play-offs.
* Malmo beat Salzburg in last season’s play-offs to earn a first Champions League group stage campaign. They eliminated Salzburg again in this summer’s third qualifying round.
* Swedish teams have had marginally the better of the 30 meetings between the nations’ clubs in UEFA competition: with 11 wins, 10 draws and nine defeats.
* Both sides have Norwegian coaches: Ronny Deila, at Celtic, and Åge Hareide, at Malmo. Deila said in the run-up to the match that he had been in talks about the Malmo job in 2014 when in charge of Stromsgodset, but Hareide was hired and Deila ended up in Glasgow.
* Malmö attacker Berget spent last autumn on loan at Celtic while he was on the books at Cardiff City. He scored twice – both in a 6-1 win over Dundee United – in four league outings.
* Celtic boast Swedish talent in the form of 44-times international defender Mikael Lustig.
* Malmo’s Icelandic defender Kári Árnason played with Aberdeen from 2011–12.