CHARLIE MULGREW is aiming to play his part in returning Celtic Park into a fortress of fear for opponents.
The versatile defender is eager to restore the image of the club as they close in on their fifth successive title.
And that starts with League Cup conquerors Ross County in the east end of Glasgow on Saturday afternoon.
Mulgrew, whose season has been blighted by injury, watched from the Hampden stands as the Highlanders shocked 10-man Celts two weeks ago after Efe Ambrose’s 13th-minute sending-off, a 3-1 defeat that wrecked Ronny Deila’s hopes of a domestic treble.
The defender/midfielder, who made his long-awaited comeback in the 2-0 Scottish Cup win over East Kilbride on Sunday, said: “We want to win games at Celtic, especially at Celtic Park, and we’ll be doing all we can to win that game.
“We want to re-establish Celtic Park as the kind of place teams should be fearful of coming to.
“We’ve got to step up and win battles first before our football can come and talk, so we have to roll our sleeves up, do the dirty side of things and be up for the match.
“We’ll be focusing on that game all this week and we’ll do everything we can to be ready for it.
“You don’t look back. You just look ahead and see what you can do to influence those things. There’s nothing you can do about what’s in the past, so it’s all about being positive and looking forward.”
Mulgrew’s talks on a new deal stalled while he was out injured and, according to some reports, that has alerted some clubs to his possible availability.
Eddie Howe, the Bournemouth manager, was linked with the Scottish international in the summer and could re-ignite his interest.
Former Hoops skipper Paul Lambert, who took over as Blackburn Rovers boss earlier this season, has also been said to be keeping tabs on the situation.
However, contract talks between the 29-year-old’s agent and chief executive Peter Lawwell are expected to resume within the next fortnight.