There’s a good vibe about this club

As Salzburg dropped two points against (still) bottom of the table Admira, Celtic were irresistible on Saturday.  The Austrians visit Glasgow on Thursday before their two-month winter break kicks in after Sunday’s league game against third placed St Polten.  Brendan Rodgers will be quietly confident at the start of an important week.

It must be 20 years since Celtic beat their nearest title rivals 5-1.  The demolition of Kilmarnock knocked the Ayrshire side off top spot (they now sit third on goal difference).  Add to the fact that Celtic twice hit the woodwork and you get a sense of the chasm between the champions and the rest.  It also illustrates why Brendan Rodgers was right to rest players at Fir Park on Wednesday, despite dropping two points.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the Celtic FC Foundation Bucket Collection on Saturday and especially those who volunteered to carry a bucket.  The rain before kick-off was torrential and while some managed to do their collecting undercover, those who would not be persuaded to shelter from the elements deserve our gratitude.  They will still be trying to dry out.

I heard from one volunteer, “There’s a good vibe about this club”.  And how.

1. JAMES FORREST on 10TH DECEMBER 2018 9:07 PM

If Celtic refuse to handle tickets, can the huns then sell direct to Celtic fans?

Although this is not correct protocol, it has happened previously with certain clubs ?

HH.

2. On the matter of child abuse the SFA have fairly recently admitted to weaknesses in their screening process.

So expect more “Torbett” type incidences to emerge in coming years, but across the Scottish football spectrum.

The sensible thing for the game to do (an oxymoron?) would be to set up a Scottish Football Abuse Foundation that all clubs subcribe to in order to be ready for future claims. Cream off Sky money or UEFA/FIFA money from internationals fore core funding.

The behaviour in question is not limited to any single group.

It’s pervasiveness has only become fully realised in what? The last 10 years?

It would be wrong to judge how abusive behaviour was handled in the past against the mores of today, but that should not excuse establishing some form of support, psychological supplemented by financial, to help alleviate the damage abuse causes the victims.

That is the type of forward thinking I would like to hear Celtic are taking a lead on.

If they are very good. If they aren’t. Why not?

3. Our Bhoys and Ghirls are sitting ducks at doomdome. God bless the brave 800 souls who take the tickets. Hope they are all experts in martial arts.

YNWA

4. prestonpans bhoys on

DD,

Thing is we provided more than adequate protection for their mob, could argue to the detriment of our own. That mob will not give a jot about our bhoys safety.

5. PB

I have been to Ibrox many times. Never felt danger walking beside huns.

Been to Easter Road many times. Always felt danger and had a few fights wi Hibs mob.

Looking forward to a peaceful Celtic victory on my visit to Leith this Sunday. ?

YNWA

6. Refuse the tickets and let anyone who wants to know why, about the vile, bigotry and hatred that this club spouts on a daily basis.

On the caging of our 800 Spartan Celts, what an utter disgrace, and I would hope if this is correct then our club tells them where to ram their tickets.

Do I remember correctly when I was a wean and went to the jungle against the now deed club, did we not unfurl a net to stop them throwing golf balls, wine and beer bottles from the Hun end???? Bottles were empty of course (miserable cnuts) or full of phish probably .

Does anyone else remember this??

D. :)

7. Decision tomorrow, my info is tickets will be refused, all the better if the netting story is true, rhey could have made enough to buy a Timmy Duck from their own website……or donated it to the money ‘made’ in the Legneds game v AC Milan,to keep the lights on….shameless hun rats,take the tickets and hand them back at kick off, leave it empty

8. hey all I remember going to ibrox ,but bear in mind 40 plus years ago, was the big hole that would appear in their end when we scored, loads of dust and bottles being thrown and fighting,has it changed thought not.hh.

9. David66

I remember going to Ibrox on a Friday night just before 10 men won the league 4-2. It was against Saint Mirren. Bobby Lennox scored the winner I think. We were in the Centenary Stand (GovanStand noo) There were nets hanging fae the roof to catch the pigeon and rat shit. The Tims at the back pulled the net down and set it on fire. Mental.

YNWA

10. prestonpans bhoys on

DD,

I have a completely different experience from both grounds, in particular the 70’s when nearly the entire contents of a Hun bus emptied out to attack four of us. As for Easter Rd they probably noticed you were a weggie, even a Bankie wan?

11. Pog- wow,thanks for reply, i was only there for the weekend, East Belfast, went for a pint at 4pm Saturday afternoon, i felt like Jason Bourne….kinda expected it but,looked like a big Coronation Street…no offence to anyone..

12. Can I ask if anyone who is urging Celtic not to take their allocation for Ibrox, actually in aposition to attend or eligible to receive a ticket.

A call for others to boycottt, at no cost or sacrifice to yourself, or for Celtic to enact a boycott on the behalf of others, seems a strange stance to take.

The fans who are going to Ibrox are the ones who need to vote on this. It is their safety that is potentially at risk, not ours.

It looks like the netting proposal was made by our club as a way to materially reduce risk to our fans.

BTW- My position is that I hope the fans (those who are going ) would vote for a boycott but not on the grounds of hteir safety but on the grounds of the unilateral high-handeness and vindictiveness of the hurting ibrox club who initiated this dangerous policy.

But I won’t hold my breath waiting for my wish to be granted. I fully expect that those who want to go there , will go there.

I also expect that, as usual, they will be in a safer position, statistically, than those watching in pubs in small villages in and around Glasgow, if the result goes against the Ibrox team.

13. prestonpans bhoys on

David66 10:01

I recall that too but that corner between the jungle and the Hun end was always a bit mental and definitely within phomane wine bottle launching range. You would drink it first of course.

14. ERNIE LYNCH on 10TH DECEMBER 2018 8:28

When an allegation is made, if proven the person is charged and convicted, that beast was never convicted of anything while at the boys club.

Years afterwords he is convicted and somehow celtic fc are accountable for his deeds while be operated celtic boy club.

If anyone had a duty of care to those kids it was celtic boys club.

I am sure many good, honest people were involved in that club that most all had no idea what was happening.

The buck stops at the person convicted for the crime and anyone who knowingly allowed it to continue. These bastards work below the surface hiding their deeds from everyone, even wives with whom the send entire lives ffs!

It seems to me that people are quick to jump into line and accuse celtic of somehow being part of this wrong without anything to back

The criminal injuries board wilCeltic are being used to get more money than would otherwise be the case.

15. PB

My problem at Easter Road over the years has been increased by sitting in the Hibs end when we score the winning goal. Can still feel the beautiful sweet punch a Hibee cracked my jaw with when we scored a late winner and I went mental in Main Stand Easter Road. ??

YNWA

16. ERNIE LYNCH on 10TH DECEMBER 2018 8:28

If anyone had a duty of care to those kids it was celtic boys club.

The criminal injuries board will give comp. Celtic are being used to get more money than would otherwise be the case.

17. I couldn’t see any danger to Supporters within the ground but I don’t like this concept of erecting netting.

If the Cops & Hun Security determine that the netting is needed then I would prefer that we would Boycott the game.

The danger as always is if a small group of Tims get isolated either coming or going from game.

Football is great and supporting your team means the world but it is not worth a Supporters life..

18. STEPHBHOY on 10TH DECEMBER 2018 10:26 PM

It is self evident that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I suggest you type less and read more.

19. prestonpans bhoys on

DD,

Done a good few away end gigs myself only once expressed my affinity for the bhoys in green and surprising got away with it at…….Tynie think TB scored in the last minutes?

20. PB

Was living in Leith in 1988. Hearts mate at work got me two tickets for Hampden Scottish Cup Semi-final for Hearts end. Got booted out of Hampden by Embra scum when we scored the winner. Worth the doing.

YNWA

21. SETTING FREE THE BEARS FOR RES. 12 & OSCAR KNOX on 10TH DECEMBER 2018 10:20 PM

———

Supporters attend football matches on behalf of Clubs who issue them with tickets. The duty of care sits with the Club, they need to consider the safety of the customer (ultimately) and the best interests of the business overall. If tickets are available the supporters can purchase them but only if they are available.

Ps. if you asked the same 800 supporters to vote on other issues related to the Club i think it’s safe to say they wouldn’t share the same views as the Board or with many other supporters. If you asked them if they would like two flares and a case of beer with the ticket how do you think they would they vote?

22. Big Georges Fan Club - Hail, Hail, Wee Oscar on

—————–

Doubt that – last few times we have been to Ibrox over the past 2 years the Celtic fans have been pelted with batteries, glass half bottles, coints, etc.

Saw three people bleeding in my vicinity at the last game (3-2 game in March) – one a guy in front of me who was hit by a bottle – behind me a teenage girl hit by (we think) a coin, and Wee BGFC was hit on the hand by a battery.

Issue – from a crime statistics perspective – is that these crimes go unrecorded.

Me and Wee BGFC might get offered tickets (I doubt it, since we havent been offered any for Hibs) – nevertheless, if offered, they will be refused. Not worth the risk.

BGFC

PS – ANY SPARE FOR HIBS ???????????? :-))

As always – we’re going up anyway on the hunt.

23. Big Georges Fan Club - Hail, Hail, Wee Oscar on

DAVID17 on 10TH DECEMBER 2018 10:43 PM

SETTING FREE THE BEARS FOR RES. 12 & OSCAR KNOX on 10TH DECEMBER 2018 10:20 PM

……If you asked them if they would like two flares and a case of beer with the ticket how do you think they would they vote?

——————–

Take the beer – ban the flares.

Thanks for the offer :-)

BGFC

24. D17

Wouldnae go to doomdome, even if you paid me £49. Our 800 are sitting ducks and will be attacked inside and outside doomdome.

YNWA

25. thomthethim for Oscar OK on

SFTB,

As David17 says, Celtic have a duty of care.

As one who won’t be seeking a ticket, I feel I can still voice a concern for my fellow supporters.

Sometimes we have to be protected from ourselves.

26. Big Georges Fan Club - Hail, Hail, Wee Oscar on

DD – Good man – if you see any for sale – grab them and we’ll meet you. I’m hopeful some unlucky sods will get dragged oot Christmas shopping so there might be some on the go. Pleanty spares last Wed at Motherwell.

BGFC

27. For me the ticket situation is a no brainer, we should not take the tickets and i can only see that outcome.

On the plus side, think how motivated our players will be to silence that place.

Overall, i think the Board have made many mistakes re the Celtic / Sevco relationship. They have been too happy to sit back and collect the money whilst delivering empty soundbites and overlooking other key issues. The bigger picture here is that they have been handed an opportunity to redress that relationship, i hope they take it.

28. D17- i can remember when the huns had about a quarter of the Jungle and the Main Stand,and us getting the enclosure, part of main stand,and latterly part of the Govan stand at Poundland, if they are planning to put up netting,which i doubt,refuse the tickets HH

29. I certainly would not wish to visit Ipox and hope our club knocks back the 800. My main worry is for the safety of my oldest grandson who if he can will be there.