CRAIG THOMSON will be in charge of Celtic’s game against Motherwell at Fir Park on Sunday.
The FIFA referee was the match official when the two clubs met in this season’s League Cup Final at Hampden in November when Brendan Rodgers’ men triumphed 2-0.
Thomson was heavily criticised by the Lanarkshire outfit following his decision to send off Cedric Kipre for pulling back Scott Sinclair and award the Hoops a second-half penalty-kick.
Moussa Dembele swept the spot-kick beyond keeper Trevor Carson to add to the earlier strike from James Forrest as the Parkhead men retained the silverware with a 2-0 success.
Since that game, Thomson has refereed Celtic’s home wins over Aberdeen and Hearts. He also officiated at Motherwell’s Scottish Cup victory over Hamilton Accies.
Read more from Celtic Quick News …
- ‘BHOY, OH BHOY! LIFE AT CELTIC IS FUN,’ EDOUARD
- ‘SINCLAIR WILL ROAR BACK,’ EX-TEAM MATE
- DEMBELE’S FRENCH MISS
- ‘JOZO’S ACTIONS STUPID,’ HOOPS LEGEND
- ‘MISSED OPPORTUNITY FOR CARSON,’ BOSS
- ‘BRENDAN IS NOT A GENIUS – HE’S JUST A VERY LUCKY BHOY’
- ‘SCOTT CAN PLAY IN ANY GAME FOR CELTIC,’ INSISTS RODGERS
Catch up with Pau67’s Blog here …