* CELTIC and Borussia Monchengladbach are looking for their first win in Champions League Group C. The Hoops have lost 7-0 in Barcelona and drawn 3-3 with Manchester City while the Bundesliga outfit have lost 4-0 at the Etihad and 2-1 at home to Barca.
* THE teams’ solitary encounter was in a friendly in Glasgow on July 27 2013, The Germans won 2-1 with goals from Granit Xhaka and Branimir Hrgota. Anthony Stokes replied with a late free-kick for the home team. CQN photos in this feature are from this match.
* NEIL LENNON utilised 18 players in the game and only five still remain – Scott Brown, Callum McGregor, Kris Commons, Liam Henderson and Efe Ambrose.
* BARCA keeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen, who faced Brendan Rodgers’ side in the opening tie, was in goal for Monchengladbach. At the Nou Camp, the German international saved a Moussa Dembele penalty-kick in his side’s 7-0 win, Celtic’s record loss in Europe.
* WITH the draw against City, the Hoops are on a four-match unbeaten run at home in the Champions League campaign with wins over Lincoln Red Imps (3-0), FC Astana (2-1) and Hapoel Beer-Sheva FC (5-2).
* CELTIC have failed to score in their last two home matches against German opponents: SV Hamburg (0-1) in the 2009/10 Europa League and Bayern Munich (0-0) in the 2003/04 Champions League.
* OVERALL, the Glasgow giants are on a five-match winless run against Bundesliga clubs. Paul Lambert, Shaun Maloney and Stan Petrov scored when Celtic last overcame German opposition – 3-1 at home against VfB Stuttgart in the 2002/03 UEFA Cup fourth round on their way to Seville.
* CELTIC have been hosts to German opposition on nine occasions and have won three, lost four and drawn two.
• ANDRE SCHUBERT’S Gladbach outfit won 3-1 at BSC Young Boys in the play-offs. Their last away victory in the Champions League proper was a 3-0 triumph at FK Crvena Zvezda in October 1977.
* THEIR last competitive visits to Scotland were in the 1986/87 UEFA Cup Third Round when they drew 1-1 with Rangers at Ibrox and went through on the away goals rule. They met Dundee United in the semi-final and drew 0-0 at Tannadice and lost 2-0 at home.
* GLADBACH’S overall record in Scotland is just one win in six appearances. They have lost three and drawn two.