ODSONNE EDOUARD has already clocked up a magnificent seven against tonight’s opponents Motherwell – now the Frenchman is going for the great eight.
The £9million hitman obviously enjoys his confrontations with the Fir Parkers and will be hoping to add to his 22-goal haul as the champions plan to remain on track for nine in a row.
Edouard has struck seven times against Well – more Premiership strikes than against any other side.
He has claimed four efforts in each of his last three league appearances against Stephen Robinson’s side and warmed up for this evening’s duel at Fir Park with a two-goal salvo in the 4-1 win over Lanarkshire neighbours Hamilton Accies at the weekend.
CHEERS…Jeremie Frimpong congratulates Odsonne Edouard after a goal in the 2-0 win over Motherwell in November.
Looking ahead to the confrontation, Neil Lennon, speaking to Sky Sports News, said: “All teams are hungry and it’s all relative. Our motivation is to defend everything as vigorously as possible.
“People think it’s easy – it’s not. Teams are out to beat you every single week.
“Teams are set up to be difficult to break down, but we’ve found a way. The quality of the football has been superb at times and we’re in a good place at the minute.”
* CELTIC have picked up 45 points from the last 48 on offer in the Premiership, winning 15 and losing one. The only dropped points came in the 2-1 loss against Steven Gerrard’s Ibrox side at Parkhead in December.
* MOTHERWELL haven’t tasted success in their last 13 league matches against Celtic – losing 10 and drawing three – since a 2-1 victory at Parkhead in December 2015 under Mark McGhee. Ronny Deila was the Hoops boss at the time.
* SINCE losing back-to-back league visits to Motherwell in February and April 2013, Celtic have gone unbeaten in their last 10 away games there, winning six and drawing four.
* MOTHERWELL have not managed a solitary win in their last three Premiership matches on home soil, drawing one and losing two. In October 2018, they went a sequence of five without success.
* DON’T miss the unbeatable match report and the best action images from Motherwell v Celtic this evening – only in your champion CQN.