THERE’S no such thing as a sure thing in football, as every football fan will testify.
However, it will be astounding if the champions do not overcome struggling Dundee at Parkhead this afternoon.
And here are the statistics to underline Celtic’s superiority in recent years in this fixture:
* CELTIC have not conceded more than one goal against Dundee in a Premiership game since November 2004 and have not lost any of their last 30 league outings against the Tayside outfit, winning 24 and drawing six.
* DUNDEE’S only previous Premiership victory at Parkhead came in May 2001 when they defeated Martin O’Neill’s side 2-0. The Hoops had already clinched the title by that stage.
* CELTIC have triumphed 18 times and drawn three of the last 21 head-to-heads with the Dens Park men in the east end of Glasgow.
* THE HOOPS have won eight consecutive home league games; they last embarked on a longer such winning run in February 2017 – 16 matches.
* DUNDEE have lost four and drawn one of their last five away league games, conceding 15 goals.
* FORMER Celtic striker Kenny Miller, who joined Dundee after being sacked as Livingston manager in August, has netted nine goals in 16 Premiership encounters against his old club. He drew a blank when Brendan Rodgers’ side won 5-0 at Dens Park in October.
* DON’T miss the unbeatable match report from this afternoon’s Celtic v Dundee game – in your champion CQN.