A NEW television documentary about Celtic legend Tommy Burns has been announced on the 10th anniversary of his death.
Glasgow-based purpleTV will produce the tribute which will be shown on BBC ALBA this autumn.
The show will reflect on his upbringing in Glasgow, his time as a player and manager with the Hoops, his passion for Scotland, and look at his final playing days – and the start of life as a manager – with Kilmarnock.
The film-maker, Margot McCuaig, who will write, produce and direct the film, said: “I was working at Celtic Park on the day Tommy Burns returned to the club as manager and I continued to have a working relationship with him until he sadly died.
“He was an inspirational figure and it was always a pleasure to be in his company.
“I’m honoured to be telling his remarkable story and I’m delighted that his family, colleagues and friends are being so supportive and willing to share their memories.”
Read more from Celtic Quick News …
- ‘RIVALS ARE LINING UP TO BOOT BROONY,’ HOOPS HERO WILSON
- ‘I’LL BE POSITIVE,’ VOWS CUP-TIED HENDRY
- TOMMY BURNS TRIBUTE: JOE MILLER’S TESTIMONIAL TO HIS HERO AND FRIEND
- TOMMY BURNS TRIBUTE: ‘CELTIC WAS IN HIS DNA,’ PAT BONNER
- TOMMY BURNS TRIBUTE: ‘AN INSPIRATION,’ DAVIE HAY
- TOMMY BURNS TRIBUTE: ‘HE EPITOMISED CELTIC,’ JOHN HARTSON
- TOMMY BURNS TRIBUTE: SPECIAL MASS TONIGHT
- ‘GERRARD WON’T FAZE BRENDAN,’ MALONEY
- BOBBY MURDOCH TRIBUTES: WHAT THE LIONS SAID
- DOUBLE TOPS FOR BRENDAN, BROONY
- KT PLANS DADDY OF ALL PARTIES
Catch up with Pau67’s Blog here …