MOUSSA DEMBELE fired another World Cup reminder to France boss Didier Deschamps with a superb goal for the Under-21 side in their 3-0 win over Kazakhstan today.
The Celtic striker curled in a spectacular free-kick while Jonathan Bamba and Jean-Kevin Augustin notched the others.
Dembele, last season’s 32-goal man, had been named in the provisional senior squad, but didn’t make the cut to drop into the Under-21s.
However, he hopes a strong finish in the campaign run-in with the Hoops aiming at historic back-to-back trebles will help him feature in Deschamps’ plans for the Russian Finals.
Today’s win means the youngsters are closing in on a place at Euro 2019 and have made a perfect start to qualification with six wins out of six in Group 9.
Dembele has now claimed eight goals in 11 appearances for Sylvain Ripoll’s team.
Read more from Celtic Quick News …
- EXCLUSIVE! ‘MY BIG REGRET,’ BERTIE AULD AT 80
- EXCLUSIVE! THE UNFORGETTABLE DAY I BECAME A CELTIC PLAYER: BY BIRTHDAY BHOY BERTIE AULD
- SMALL TALK WITH BERTIE AULD
- ROGIC TALKS STALL
- ‘SCOTLAND HONOUR UP THERE WITH CELTIC,’ MULGREW
- CELTS CAN’T PREVENT HAMPDEN WOE