Celtic v Ross County, Live updates

Live updates will appear below after 14:00.

1,459 Comments

1. Is the zoom call thing true?

Or is it just bollox?

And can anyone cite this as the truth?

2. TONTINE TIM on 29TH NOVEMBER 2020 7:40 PM

That’s them up mate. Waiting for dusk for the timer to kick in back and front for a nice wee tonic. Fire pit tonight as well. Say goodbye to a few things, 4 day weekend, unbeaten run etc.

CANAMALAR IT LOOKS LIKE OCD OBSESSIONon 29TH NOVEMBER 2020 7:55 PM

I’m saying nothing.

—————————

In other news……

I live in Louisville now, left the old country 16 years ago, almost to the day. My adopted city has had some additional ‘issues’ this year. We’ve had some protests against corrupt and racist cops since the start of Lockdown Pt 1. BLM sit ins, marches and so on. All very peaceful and worthwhile. The movement was set back due to a maybe 50-100 thugs, for 1 or 2 nights, smashing the windows downtown (my office is still boarded up and is considered to be the heart and soul of the entertainment district) and looting. They did nothing to further a cause, they set the cause back as now everyone gets to blame the peaceful protesters. It’s horrid.

What played out at Celtic Park tonight, if true was disgusting. NFL should not be having those vile words shouted at him and the other clashes, just maddening and terribly sad. I’ve seen a few posts on here saying it is all fair and fine to do such. You deserve not to call yourself one of us if you agree with that. Never mind breaking the Covid restrictions that many on here have suffered through, my own family included. Disgraceful stuff. The run was always going to end, for it to end with a few showering us in shame is inexcusable and just our weekend news on to the front pages as well as the back. Well done you muppets.

Ps Big Jimmy! Popping a wee bottle for you now as I wait for dusk and the Christmas lights to come on.

3. PeterLatchfordsBelly on

Amongst all the emotion, practical steps we can take to at least remove ourselves from each other’s throats:

1. Stop issuing club statements pitting the club against its own fans.

2. Terminate Lenny. Have always loved the guy and believe he has been set up to fail by Lawwell, but the game’s been up for weeks. Losing respect for him with the gaslighting interviews.

3. Announce Lawwell’s intention to retire at the end of the season.

4. Put in place a credible short and medium-term plan for replacing Lenny.

5. Have a proactive transfer window in January. Ship out the wantways, including Eddy. Bring in some fresh blood, with genuine hunger.

6. Communicate with the fans. Talking helps. The failure to communicate directly with the fans has been a colossal strategic error by our supposed genius CEO. Start talking honestly and directly, not through friendly hacks. And through a credible source, not Lawwell. Fair to say he’s damaged goods.

Do these things and you’ll bring us back from the verge of civil war. I’ve lowered my expectations after the complete clusterf*** the Board and Lenny have made of the season. We can forget the 10, but we can at least avoid internecine warfare.

4. So many saying forget 10/10 is gone. Utter nonsense. We are 5 points nett behind. They are unproven down the stretch, there is so much to play for and a transfer window to go. A competent can turn this around, without question.

5. See if the board are sticking by Neil

Fcuk it … so am aye :-)

I was very down earlier … I still blame the impostors that Neil selects

5 league wins (I know) … beat Hearts & Craig Gordon on the 20th of December, get to January and pay big Fraser & Southampton whatever they want .. go to Snake Mountainon the 2nd of January and achieve the 10 :-)

Easy Peasy CSC

6. No Jungle No Rebellion No Soul on

MARTIM1980 on 29TH NOVEMBER 2020 9:49 PM

Think the club have to make a statement for the security of it’s employees if anything else.

Things are not going well but they have to say stop to the minority eejits.

Do the club care about the security, or health and safety of their employees, when their employees are being physically assaulted on Scottish football pitches, or when the club are flying their employees all over Europe, during a pandemic?

7. Wish it was that easy GFTB but we have lost the fear factor any & every side will now fancy their chances.

One possible silver lining in today’s defeat and in our elimination from the Europa is that we will have free dates and can play our games in hand without a major pile up.

8. No Jungle No Rebellion No Soul on

MARTIM1980 on 29TH NOVEMBER 2020 10:00 PM

Just offering balance to the view the statement is a squirrel.

Yip. 👍

9. The idiots gave an easy win to the Board there,and a chance to deflect from the real issue here,fuds.

10. Martim1980 on 29th November 2020 10:00 pm

Hey. Talk of bird watching earlier, I also feed the squirrels. They day from hell continued as I spooked a squirrel out front, he ran into the street and the Air BnB guests two houses down ran into him as the pulled out. Poor wee fecker was one of the friendly ones that was close to eating from my hand.

Today can bugger off.

11. No Jungle No Rebellion No Soul on

!!BADA BING!! on 29TH NOVEMBER 2020 10:03 PM

The issue is weak season ticket holders who continue to financially back a board of corruption, surely?

12. Canamalar it looks like OCD obsession on

Ray Singh…,

Yes, it happened in too many countries, they made the same announcement then emptied the hospitals into the care homes, the biggest scandal is there does not appear to be any consistent coverage. It happened in the UK, France, Germany, the US, Every where you want to look you’ll find the exact same strategy followed the announcements about protecting those most at risk. cuomo remember him early doors, getting all the plaudits on here, emptied the hospitals into care homes and threatened the owners with jail if they refused. Similar tactics used across the west.

Mortality rate approx 2.2% is high for me but if our “leaders” had actually protected those most at risk I suggest it would be much less, unfortunately I honestly believe our so called leaders and representatives are so callous and uncaring and how they conducted themselves over the last year demonstrates that unequivocally as far as I’m concerned, the least they could do was applaud the care workers and that’s exactly what they done.

13. NO JUNGLE NO REBELLION NO SOUL on 29TH NOVEMBER 2020 10:06 PM

!!BADA BING!! on 29TH NOVEMBER 2020 10:03 PM

I have had a ST for the last 35 seasons, and will get it renewed if God spares me,from Macari to O’Neill, Mowbray to Rodgers, I support my team through thick and thin,you?

14. Canamalar it looks like OCD obsession on 29th November 2020 10:07 pm

I didn’t come here for an argument as the sketch goes but do we have to fill the blog with all that tonight? Surely other forums better suited?

15. !!Bada Bing!! on 29th November 2020 10:08 pm

————————–

Well said good sir, well said. So much bile on here.

16. Corkcelt 10.00pm

Aye know ….. But how bad “we” are if we win both games in hand we are 5pts behind the Stephen Gerrards Galaticios

This season is not lost …

History can still be made… but the players need to want it as much as us

17. Lenny has to go ,but unfortunately in this pandemic situation the protests are not great

The board Imo were thinking that because of the pandemic and no fans in the stadium they could just ignore them .

The players are quickly losing respect of the fans but surely they are losing self respect

Lennystime is up what about you Mr Lawwell ? Or will you use the nights protests to blame the fans

Defeat and conquer to keep your job.

18. Big Jimmy

Get back on here …

We all have our “stalkers” deprive them of oxygen … it works for me :-)

19. @Big JImmy…Myself and your goodself have let the frustraions and the freedom of certain bloggers to take us to the limit…I had a good look at the way i responded to posts; and it was not the way anyone should behave..I particular owed an apology to Ernie Lynch and to any youngsters for my language..i ve always found you to be courteous and of good manners.Explain to our host the build up to your plateau i’m sure he will understand.

20. Aipple poor wee soul, i like squirrels may it rest in peace in Squirrel Heaven, where there’s nuts everywhere………ooohh matron

21. MARTIM1980 on 29TH NOVEMBER 2020 10:21 PM

———————

First chuckle I’ve had today, thank ye!!

22. My God i thought most of the nutters were on the other side but we sure have some of our own.

Fuel has been thrown on the fire.It’s time for us all to get behind OUR club.

23. Neil & these players have brought us a multitude of terrific times … this season is not lost (yet) …

Still more gutted about the demonstrators … first cup defeat in 36 games … after nearly 4 years of cup victories ???

Spoilt brats

24. Canamalar it looks like OCD obsession on

Aipple..,

I was asked a question by Ray Singh-Carr, nobody asked you to read my response, you just go back to chasing your squirrels and avoiding reality. Nothing to see here move along, CNN, MSNBC and FOX will keep you up to date with all you want to know.

25. No Jungle No Rebellion No Soul on

!BADA BING!! on 29TH NOVEMBER 2020 10:08 PM

NO JUNGLE NO REBELLION NO SOUL on 29TH NOVEMBER 2020 10:06 PM

!!BADA BING!! on 29TH NOVEMBER 2020 10:03 PM

You, multiplied by fifty three thousand, represent an easy mugging for a board of corruption, who don’t play with a straight bat, like you do, don’t you think?

26. It’s easy to be disappointed dissatisfied angry upset with what’s been going on .

However I have to think hard by before saying this ..

The morons outside the main door tonight have let themselves down and us and Neil Lennon that man does not deserve it to end like this we know he’s a dead man walking I feel ashamed of our fans. I have never felt like this before .

Utterly disgusting

I hope for his own sanity the club donut later on tonight put him out of his misery .

27. No worries Aipple, laughter is the best medicine right now, unless, of course you’re diabetic in which case it’s insulin, yip definitely better with insulin 🙃

28. Canamalar it looks like OCD obsession on

You’ll never convince and übertim or a blackleg their selfishness will kill the golden goose..

29. NO JUNGLE NO REBELLION NO SOUL- I separated the Board from the team on the park,during the Whyte/Kelly years.Of course I have seen what has been happening over the years,and posted here accordingly, I will be at Celtic Park a long time after the current Board.It won’t stop me going to support the team,and FYI,most of the guys on here do the same.